1) I love fashion because I don’t think there’s a more expressive art form. You can tell a lot about a person from their clothing.
2) I love going into stores, playing dress up and seeing what works for my body.
3) Orange is my favorite color. People give me a weird look when I tell them.
They fail to realize I don’t like every kind of orange out there. There’s
special darker shade of Orange filled with richness and warmth that I adore and it works magic for my skin tone. Over the years, I’ve realized my mood is much more fun when I’m dressed in that color so I have a stack of orange scarves floating around in my room hehe.
4) I hate over accessorizing and that is a big problem in the culture where I
come from. Everybody is drenched in chunky 21 carat gold and frankly I’m not a fan. Works for some. Doesn’t work for me. I blame my mother. She loved her 18 carat jewelry and I’m the same way too.
5) I’ll describe my fashion sense as bohochic. I love ethnic bracelets,
distressed leather, Native American rings, Berber jewelry & cuffs, Tunics,
Khussas, African prints and the list goes on.
6) I’m not label crazy. I buy things that make me happy and work for my body.
7) My favorite handbags at the moment ( I want one so badly lol) are the
Mulberry Alexa, Proenza Schouler PS1, Reed Krakoff Boxer, Tory Burch Green Dena Messenger, Everyday by Rebecca Minkoff, Miu Miu Paloma and the Garbo Camille by Marc Jacobs.
8) I LOVE Christian Siriano. Oooh he’s so FIERCE!!! lol He is my favorite young designer. He’s so little, I feel like hugging him all the time.
9) Last summer, my sister, brother and I were at the store shopping. I saw a peacock feathered hair accessory that I loved and I wanted to buy it. They kept telling me it was ugly and that I should put it down. Even the girl who worked at the store was like “Ummm I don’t think you should buy it”. Who says that? She needs to be fired LOL. Anyhow, I’m stubborn so I bought it. I was at the airport in New York waiting on my flight to Iowa and a group of girls walked up to me and asked where I got my hair accessory from. They kept talking about how much they loved it. I wish my sister and brother could see just how blown away some people were by my feathered accessory they labelled ugly LOL.
10) If you’ve read my blog recently, you would know I hate clothing and shoes that remind me of hookers haha. I’m just allergic to all things tacky. So I came across these two quotes from Coco Chanel and she said exactly what has been on my mind all these years : “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.”
“I love luxury. And luxury lies not in the richness and the ornateness but in
the absence of vulgarity. Vulgarity is the ugliest word in our language. I stay
in the game to fight it”
On that note, please say no to vulgarity. Thanks everyone!! x